Friday, September 17

New Blog

This is a new blog, so bear with me while I make changes and get used to this thing they call blogging.

Intro Blog:

Hi, my name is Jane and I am an aspiring erotica writer.  I would also say I'm a fairly new writer.  I read the bios of my favorite authors and most of them say they have written for as long as they can remember.  Their first stories were written in kindergarten. 

I'm not like that.  I have written a few stories over the years (because yes, I did feel the need to get them out of my head and on paper), but I have not had the time they seem to be able to make for their craft.  Which does make me feel a little like I somehow don't deserve to write. 

I was married young and had my first child by the time I was twenty-two.  I don't think my writing is nearly on par with my favs, but I'm working on it.  My manly man (that's what I call the spouse) who is an artist (on the side, after his 9 - 5 job) says that most creative types don't ever think their work is "good" enough.  He says there are a lot of his pieces that he hates, but the buyer loves and it's all (too quote a cliche) "in the eye of the beholder."  So here I go - off to write my heart out.  And hopefully, while I might not always like the finished work, someone does.

Take care,

Jane

0 comments:

Post a Comment