Wednesday, October 6

Complete Overhaul


I finally got an editor.  And whoa, boy.  Ouch.  The VE (volunteer editor’s) made a lot of suggestions/edits; all of which were helpful.  So, I’m back to the drawing board or laptop as the case may be.

I’ve already started working on it again, and I think it is much improved.  The sex is more graphic/descriptive (one of the VE's complaints) and I’ve really gotten into my main character’s mind set better. 

I took a lot the VE’s advise and deleted some things and re-wrote/re-arranged others.  The story was originally around 7500 words, but now it's at 8500 and still going.  I had originally let the story stop on a kind of bittersweet note with no definite ending.  My idea was to let the reader decide; a sort of "happy for now" ending.  However, once I was fully submersed in writing it again, I knew how I had to finish the story.  The idea just sort of popped into my head and I had to write it.  Consequently, I have a beginning, most of the middle and the end.  Now I just have to write the remaining parts in-between and I’ll be done. 

I like this new version already.  I think you will too.

Take care,

Jane

0 comments:

Post a Comment